Can I Change Bleed Margin Default so it is always 5mm

tcollins

Hi
were are running Prinergy 5.1.2
When we Create New imposition in Workshop is there a way to set the Bleed Margin Default to 5mm, so it will stay as the Default, in other words where do i find the Preference to set and keep the Default Bleed setting to 5mm

This is a bug that is giving my operators a head ache as they have to keep remembering to change the Bleed from 3mm to 5mm every time they create a New imposition in workshop.

Attached is a snapshot of the window in workshop

Your help is appreciated
Tony Collins

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-08-01 at 3.18.12 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-08-01 at 3.18.12 PM.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 185
Can't see your thumbnail. It views too small on my end. So I am unsure what your trying to show.
So, I am wondering if you could check a couple of things.
Do you have trims and bleeds set within your PDF?
Are you using Preps to create your imposition? If so you need to select the page. Template>Modify Template Page>Modify Bleed Margin.
Or you can right click on the page, then go to additional settings.

You need to edit the .cfg file that Prinergy and Preps are using. Go to your Preps folder and look in the Profiles subfolder. If you have a bunch of .cfg files, you may have to change each of them. Anyway, you open the .cfg in a text editor and look for American Bleed Margin and Metric Bleed Margin and change the value as desired.

You may have to relaunch Preps and/or Prinergy. In fact, you should probably shut them both down before mucking around.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back