Can someone recommend a solution?

cplea

Greetings everyone,

This is my first post here.

I work for an insurance company and we are looking at replacing our current printing engine for producing our declaration pages and I'm trying to find something that we can count on for the foreseeable future. We currently outsource all programming for our current system and we'd like to move to something more current, and something that we have control over ourselves rather than relying on a third party.

We design our forms in house with Illustrator/InDesign so I need something that will take vector images and ASCII data from our data stream and merge them together, placing the data into the proper fields. All the while, i need the software to switch printer trays mid job depending on the kind of paper required for the specific page. We also need the system to output to PDF.

There would be several different types of jobs and they would run daily with runs ranging from a few hundred pages to a few thousand. Once the jobs are programmed they would be somewhat static (i.e.: we wouldn't be changing them everyday) but we'd like the ability to relatively easily add new features as needed.

Can anyone please suggest a few solutions that would fit these requirements?

Thank you very much for your help. I greatly appreciate your knowledge and expertise.

Regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Insurance documnt includes two catagories variable, one is the documents like notice, there are many kinds format of notice. the other is the insurance contract bewteen the customer and the insurance company, in which there are all of insurance description, such as kinds, fees, time, hospital, invoice...etc. The latter will use the function of different paper tray selection and dynamic pages calculation and dynamic contents numbering. Our VDP solution--HAIYAA VariPrint Bill and Statement version can meet your requirement, it also includes a data integration tool at the front end. If you are interested, please contact me offline.

I only have real day to day experience with FusionPro Desktop. But it can do everything that you ask of it. And at one of the cheapest price points of $800 (with no limitations).

I looked at GMC as a possible solution for the company I work for, but for the cost of GMC Inspire I could buy over 75 copies of FusionPro Desktop.

FusionPro gives you quite a bit of bang for your buck! If you go with FusionPro, FP's composition engine seems to run much faster on a Mac in my experience.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back