Canon c7000 vs KM 6500

jaci

I never posted before so here goes. My company is ready to purchase a digital copier. Our original thought was to go with the KM 6500. (that was a year & half ago, still no box). Now we have been introduced to the canon c7000. As far as I can tell the quality of the two are very close to the same. The price being the biggest difference. We are in final negotiations on the canon. But now in the 11th hour my boss has started getting cold feet, and is reconsidering the KM 6500. the cost is really weighing on him, and he is asking for my opinion. Is there anyone who has experience with either machine that can give me pros or cons that can help with my advice to him.

thanks
jaci

Re: Canon c7000 vs KM 6500

Tell your boss to try and get the Konica dealer to let you have a 90-day onsite trial on the Konica. There is a good chance they will agree - many dealers will do this. You will have to probably pay a monthly rental fee (or maybe not) and pay for clicks, but this is only fair. This obviously will allow you to see if the Konica will meet your needs. When the 90 days are up, it will be Graph Expo timeframe and if you want to move to the Canon 7000, you can negotiate your best deal with Canon by leveraging a "trade show special" (they are always there). If you want to keep the Konica then just buy it after the 90 days.

Edited by: JRV on Jun 21, 2008 1:13 PM

I currently use the KM6500, I don't have any major issues with this machine except on thing. We print on different size papers a lot. We print anything from 8.5 x 11 to 13 x 19. We have had fuser issues with going from anything any bigger than 11 x 17, the fuser tends to leave roller marks from the smaller size paper. We have fixed this problem by having an extra fuser here just for the 13 x 19 or 12 x 18 size paper. Other than that we are very happy with our machine.
Di

We have had our KM 6500. Overall we have been quite happy with the machine. I was badly burned by Canon Color with the 1000 and 5000 Series so I have an inbred bias against them. I would suggest you look at Xerox 5000 VS Km 6500 thread and the CLC 7000 thread. I wrote a pretty detailed description of our experience in the 5000 thread. It is scary buying one of these machines. We went from a Doc 12 to the KM6500. It was quite scary but it met our needs and we haven't looked back.

Ray

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back