Canon Imagepress 6000 / Imagerunner 9075

droeck

First, we are a well established offset printer that is looking to grow into more digital work. Currently, we run about 10k to 15k / month color clicks in-house, and sub out an additional 15k to 25k color clicks / month.

Been talking with local Canon dealer on lease terms for Imagepress 6000 and 9075 Imagerunner. They have offered the following thus far: 60 month fair market value leases for both. 9075 Imagerunner would be $950 / month with .059 / click for color and .009 / click for b/w. 60k free b/w clicks, and 30k free color clicks as well as 90 days no payments. Also including a free paper deck and the GX 300 Fiery Rip.

Imagepress comes in at 1750 / month for same 60 month fmv lease, with .05 / click for color and .0075 for b/w. Same free click allowances and 90 days no payments. Free saddle finisher and pod deck. Fiery 1100 Rip.

So, my question is, are these decent offerings, or should we be looking for an even better deal from them or elsewhere? Have heard good things on the Imagepress, but not so much on the imagerunner, perhaps because it's so new. Not sure. We're also talking with the KM folks about the 6501 and even the new c8000, although it won't be available until September / October, so they say.

Any and all input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel

We are also considering buying a digital printer, I found interesting the KM7000 or want to spend more KM8000 much better performance, Ricoh 720, the Canon Image RUNNER is a printing office, you can not compare with the Image Press Canon or KM6501 KM7000 or so. etc..
We might take the KM7000 has excellent print quality and good price, too bad only be available from October.

Imagerunner = Business Color, your graphs and pie charts will look real pretty.

Imagepress = light to mid Production Color, able to handle the ABUSE you will more than likely put it through, and should be consistent when doing it.

BTW, there are NO FREE CLICKS, they are figured into your lease payment, you are going to get charged for them whether you run them or not!

The imagepress C6000 and canon 9075 are not in the same class. You would have to look at a xerox 7000 or the new model. The C6000 has better feeding with the suction process, better registration and can have the creo which i would highly recommend. It is however ....not a light production machine but actaully a production machine.

This only affirms my suspicions. We ended up purchasing a KM 6501 at a pretty good deal, so we're very happy. Been running it for the past few weeks, and no trouble yet (knock on wood)

User feedback on the Canon IR series is limited, but almost every bit I found was negative. That was enough to scare us away to something else.

the iR ADV pro series are a good solid engine. They compete fine with the KM6501 and the Xerox 700 in my view. It is not an office series machine at all. Those saying that need to look into it a little further.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back