Canon ImageRunner advice needed

parker75fan

Greetings -
I'm new here, so forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong area.
My Xerox 5400 Phasers are failing and I need to upgrade to a 1200x1200 DPI, 12"x18" duplex-capable machine.

I'm thinking of buying a used Canon ImageRunner C3525i III with 50K prints on it for around $2.2 K.
Is it's image output usage reading of 50K prints considered low or "practically new" (as the dealer claims)?

I print very music scores, some with very small details, so B+W output is important. Are there any other machines this forum can recommend? I've looked at Ricoh and Kyocera (both impressive but not as good of deal). Color and MFP machines are okay, but not necessary.

Thanks a million in advance!
Braxton Blake

Most here are probably more experienced with production level equipment, but what I can tell that still looks like a current device, so parts should still be available (supply chain issues aside). 50k doesn’t sound like much, but I don’t suppose the dealer is offering you any kind of warranty or service contract to ease your concerns?
You should also ask the dealer for the customer expectation document, which should give you an idea of what kind of monthly volume it is designed for / how long wear parts should last.

If you don’t require color then I would probably get a monochromatic machine, a lot less to go wrong and cheaper to run.

I would agree with kslight that if you don't require color, then stay with black only. What sounds like a good deal initially may cost you much more every time a sheet goes through the color printer. MFP with color will cost more to maintain and run than a single color printer would.

I had 2 Kyocera black only machines in my shop a few years back and they were extremely reliable beasts with parts that lasted forever and sipped toner. The cost per copy was very low on the Kyocera machines. They were not MFP just big & fast printers.

I can't offer any input on this specific Canon machine.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back