Canon PCL 64 bit Driver error regards overwriting Overlay files

k_graham

In order to create a overlay file on our Canon IR6000 for variable data with Windows7 64 bit PCL driver, if
we want to use the same name we must first delete the old file as it does not overwrite it
With Windows XP 32 bit print driver and Windows 7 32 bit print driver it will overwrite a current file name of the overlay file, which we find considerably more convenient.

One caveat - on the ones where it does work a warning message pops up and
says something akin to

yes -to NOToverwrite file

no - to Overwrite file

backwards but works if you read the message

I thought perhaps it was a file system property and Right Clicking on the
file on the hard drive appears to show all permissions except Special
permissions. Also all users have been given rights to write the file.

If anyone knows how to edit special permissions so this would work I am open to suggestions. I even tried creating a DOS FAT partition and saving file there but still it will not overwrite.

Given all the above I would like to give notice to Canon that the 64 bit Canon print driver for IR6000 needs a correction, hopefully this problem is for all its 64 bit drivers so something will be done.

Thanks,

Ken Graham [email protected]
CommunityPrinters.com
Dawson Creek BC Canada
250-782-7108

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back