Canon quietly discontinues 2" core roll fed paper

YourCastle

I ordered paper from LexJet.com on June 1st and didn't notice that LexJet shipped the wrong product (3" core), so I ask them to help me and send the right stuff.

They tell me that Canon discontinued the 2" core. I tell them (two weeks ago) that their website still lists the 2" core (still shows 2" today!) and that if they don't have the product, they shouldn't just ship something else. They tell me that they refuse to let me return the correct product because it had been too long since I ordered. To me, that doesn't make sense since they shipped the wrong product to begin with.

LexJet simply didn't care about the issues, trying to help me, shipping the wrong product or the fact that their website doesn't mention that the product was discontinued. They didn't care about anything.

So, FYI for those who use 2" and also... does anyone have a vendor they like and can recommend? I'm using 120g- 24in x 100ft.

Depending on your machine I know you can sometimes get spacers that will allow you to use a 3in core on a 2in machine. Might be something to check out if you can't find 2in cores anymore.

I just noticed I have some 3" roll ends that came from Lexjet with reducers on them. Show this to Lexjet I bet they would be willing to send you some. Or am sure some of us could save you some and if you paid the shipping we would be glad to send them to you.

Attachments

• IMG_0865.jpg
    IMG_0865.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 132
Not sure about the Canon 2" core rolls but we have not had any trouble with LexJet on returning bad or wrong products. When we do purchase we usually stay with the lexjet brand material. We use a Canon pro-6000 and it came with adapters for either 2" or 3" cores. If for some reason I need Canon OEM I usually order from B&H Photo they offer free shipping on all orders and pretty competitive in price. Not sure what printer you are using but have you reached out to tech and asked about adapters?

fyi fwiw, these worked, however, they do not connect 'permanently' to the reel. The tabs on the adapter don't connect, but do insert, so the reel can go backwards and forwards as the printer needs. The only issue with these are that they get stuck in the core when you change rolls. This isn't really an issue, unless you have someone on your team not paying attention and throwing them away.

fyi fwiw, these worked, however, they do not connect 'permanently' to the reel. The tabs on the adapter don't connect, but do insert, so the reel can go backwards and forwards as the printer needs. The only issue with these are that they get stuck in the core when you change rolls. This isn't really an issue, unless you have someone on your team not paying attention and throwing them away.
We use these. Hope you guys can "adapt".

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back