Canon varioPRINT iX-series

Sonam

Hi Everyone,

Our company is looking into investing innto an inkjet production press (a Canon varioPRINT iX-series) does anyone have any reviews on this?

As with most digital presses, you'll eventually find reviews good and bad. If I were going to spend that kind of money, I would:
- have samples run on your media with your files
- discuss service response expectations with whomever will service the machine
- ask to be referred to other installations so you can speak with someone other than a Canon salesman about their thoughts on the machine
- travel to Canon's showroom (Boca Raton, FL, USA?) for a personalized demo
Good luck!

Yes. We put one in about a year + ago. iX3200 Bit of a learning curve. However, the print quality is excellent.
Since that time there have been several upgrades to the hardware and software. I must say the changes have made a big difference in usability. It's much better now, so far as the hardware issues. The whole ink piping system changed out. The head cleaning system changed out. (Far better usage of the head cleaning ribbons.) Had some issues with "steamers", all changed out to newer versions. Sensors upgraded etc.. . And print quality has remained excellent the whole time. You'll probably do better with Prisma on the iX. It is a machine, and very complex. Stuff happens. Will take a little getting used to. Overall, quite happy with it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back