Canon VarioPrint Speed

halmac

We have a Varioprint 140 and it is reliably fast. We run a lot of 12x18 and it is no slower than tabloid. We also have a continuous stacker which makes it even faster. Quality is awesome.

Schnicklefritz

The Varioprint 140 we use prints letter, legal and tabloid sizes at a very good ppm rate. The Varioprint 6320 is even faster, as it prints both sides simultaneously on duplex jobs.

namelessentity

I know I have two techs being trained on it currently, but that machine is almost brand new. It's only been available in the US for like 8 months.

That said, it's inkjet, so there's really no reason the spec sheet wouldn't be accurate. It doesn't use toner or fusers, so there's no real reason for slowdowns.

Also, to clarify, the Varioprint line was historically monochrome, which is the main reason you got so much confusion. The iX series is the first generation of color under that name.

Sertech

It started life as the i300. That's actually been around a while. I'm not trained, but I've gotten to see the i300 while in training at canon. It's impressive. It's built on site. Has a big dryer to dry the ink in seconds. If it's like the i300 it will need to have water plumbed to it and ventilation.

De-Inking

Avanti
MIGRATION-OPTIMIZED DIGITAL INK SYSTEMS FOR PACKAGING PRINTING
There is no such thing as a “one-size-fits-all” ink system that suits all digital packaging applications—learn more here:
Link To White Paper