Can't delete a Page from Rampage

Jnsic

having occasional problems with deleting pages from Rampage, facing a message which states that

"Can no delete selected pages."

Error -45 (-45)

basically it says that the file is locked

The file in question is the Scenisoft DIG.lst file which is locked in the finder and I can't unlock it.

I can usually delete the file after a day or so, but would like the ability to delete it immediately.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have run across this as well. If you are persistent you can eventually get rid of these files, but its a pain. Like you said, you can usually delete them after a few hours or next day. I dunno what to do about getting rid of them faster though. :)

Just a guess, but you might try rebuliding the page list from the Rampage server and then deleting the page after that is done.

Have you tried deleting the file from the server rather than through the Rampage client? This will pretty much always work since you are not relying on the Mac to PC communication to get the job done. Delete the file from the server and then refresh the client and see if the file is gone. You may have to restart the client and / or unlock and delete the file from the client as well before the file disappears from the client; but the file will definitely be gone.

Also, are you using ExtremeZ-IP or relying on the Mac share on the server? Just curious as to whether ExtremeZ-IP eliminates the "I can't delete this file problem". Does anyone know?

that worked Mike. I deleted the file on the server, then went and deleted it within the client.

Thank you to all who responded.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back