Canvas printing

Thats a tough one boss, do you mean waterbased vs solvent based or do you just mean waterbased dye vs waterbased pigmented?

On epson for example the matt ink gives much better results rather than photo black
edwin

Canvas Printing

Canvas Printing

If you are printing canvas sizes from 13" x 40" look at the DP60 from MGI. There is a printer in the Midwest using it for canvas book covers. 'Good quality and register as well.

Good Luck

Hi.
I am using HP Z6100 printers with Vivera-ink.
They print very nice on Canvas ...

Just curious, what canvas do u use? and do you liquid lam / 2 pac coat your prints aswell? I've tried the fredericks canvas, and found that even after 72 hours the ink would still smudge quite easily.

We print large format canvas prints frequently. We use either our Roland XJ640 Solvent printer or our HP5500 Aqueous based inks. I'm not sure of the brand of Canvas, I think its Intellicoat or something like that. We print at whatever requested size and stretch them around wooden frames. I've never had ink smudge or anything like that. Check with the manufacturer of your printer to see what materials they offer, I'm sure they have something compatible.

Its a HP Z6100, HP have Canvas, but as we had the Fredericks, and they supply the profiles for the their medias, I thought I'd give it ago, but alas it failed.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back