care tag label printer

ZeeBees

I've been looking into getting on of these printers for a few years, any suggestions or user data would be helpful.
Zoned in on the Paxar / Avery snap 500 2/1 care label printer to suit my needs: 2 color front, 1 color back. has the cutter/stacker as part of base design. durable. us service area.
We would want to figure out a sql software option also.
we do about 100,000 tags a month currently, nylon or polyester materials for sewn in care tags. but we farm it all out, making custom tags and updates a hassle.
formerly were interested in the quick-label plexo duo, but the avery seems more made for care tags.
Any tips or feedback from the avery would be great. we haven't had much luck tracking down anyone to sell us one either.
suggestions?
Thanks

Hello

Try to see if you can see one "in the flesh" if you can. You might find it feels a little flimsy / toy like. Check out the ITD Mercury Series.

Not sure if they have any dealers/support where you are but they are worth checking out.
​​

Last edited:
if you do have 100K pcs a month, why still use thermal printer instead of rotary printing? timing / speed reason?
what I know AD Snap indeed sever lot of customer inplant printing, but the ribbon and printer header will cost you a lot, more format design and maching using complex will make you trouble also!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back