Certification carbon footprint

Green Printer

Registered Users
Certifications ISO,SFI etcetera all have a carbon footprint to accomplish the process. Is it ever possible to recover any of the carbon footprint? Will the certification results in any negative carbon footprint?
Does the carbon footprint of maintaining the certification result in any carbon reduction?
Will the certification process lower the carbon count of manufacturing?
If it does is the carbon reduction large enough to negate the carbon required to get the certification.

Has any one done a carbon lifecyle analysis on any of the certification processes.

When you add all the man hours, travel, paper work, computer work plus the facilities and their staff of the certifying bodies that adds up to a very big carbon count.

i have just strated at my company i know we have many accreditaions, such as BSEN ISO 9000:2001 and ISO 14001:2004 along with PEFC and FSC. I am not sure if they were self assessed or not though. Through general knowledge, any company that applies for this assessment wont be given a certificate if they processes they use can be improved upon, so i thiknk they are then set tasks to reduce their footprint and then assessed and given a cert later........ i think this is the procedure but i have been wrong before

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back