Changing job file server - Error: Unable to convert...

kdc415

We're relocation all customer job files to a new server. I followed the instructions in a PDF we got from our Fuji rep on setting up for 2012, really the same on previous versions.

I changed the path under preferences for customer data location, rampage box can see it. The old server was on a domain, new one is not as we're getting away from that. I'm not certain if there was a way a setting to specify rampage to use creds for connecting or if the logged in user that rampage is running under have to have access?

Version 12.1

Error : Unable to convert NT/MAC filename! Possible causes:
Error : JobFiles:79100-79199:79152-Music Doing Good:production EPS-PDF:79152.pdf
79152:79152.pdf
Error : Unable to process Prescan que
Error : Generic Que Error
Log Entry:
: Unmounted volume,
: File/Path not found or Invalid Name/Path,
: (Make sure NT Explorer is not focused on this path).
: Wrong network client loaded, wrong NT Server permissions (rights),
: or Bad/missing Unix mapping file.
Error : JobFiles:79100-79199:79152-Music Doing Good:production EPS-PDF:79152.pdf
Error : Unable to process Prescan que
Error : Generic Que Error

Thanks - K

What server OS were you on & what server OS are you going to? (Windows to Windows, Windows to Mac, Mac to Windows, Mac to Mac, or Atari to Colecovision...)

check if afp: or smb: connections from your clients (think you need afp connections)?

Having used RAMpage in the past, this is a total shot in the dark but does RAMpage rely on Null Session Shares?

Going from 2003 to 2012. Have extremeZ-IP setup on new server exactly as old. Rampage clients are able to grab PDFs and drop in rip. If macs were not connected to server via AFP, the PDFs would be greyed out.

This is the rip box which is trying to access the customer data folder. And the logged in user has access to it as shown by opening explorer and browsing to it and being able to create/read files. I don't know about the null session. I don't recall having to deal with that before, but that was a long time ago...

Got to be something simple.

Thanks guys

Illegal file name containing high ascii ?

Good thought, but same file will rip from old server. But I can turn on file name policy in EZ and try it. Possible it's behaving differently on 2012 I suppose.

Check this out, I put process monitor on the rip. Mac connected to new server only, drop in pdf, select network path for output to new server. Rampage will send all the output to the old server. That's why we were getting the error I guess, because we had the server off. But it's clear as day Rampage is for some reason using the old server when we select output path to new.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back