CIP3_TF4_Heidelberg Press

rande

We're having a problem that the trueflow guys aren't helping with.
They haven't even gotten back to me to say there's no solution, and
they're normally a great support team. I don't mean to insult them, this must have them stuck,
or they don't want to change anything; I don't know.
Here it is:
We just started CIP3, TF's version. When we send it out the the Heidelberg
software it doesn't go into the right columns and doesn't give us other info.
Here's what we get: "job name" and "date"
What the column are: status/job#/sheet name/job name/creation date

We ran a huge job last week; they couldn't tell what form they were choosing
by the name. They had to look at the preview.

Has anyone found a code they're using? we use %j%o%F.ppf

Anyone? Is anyone using a third party company?
thanks

Re: CIP3_TF4_Heidelberg Press

Hi Rande, I do not use this system myself just trying to help. Can you not see what info columns you need from a test job on the press end and work backwards supplying that info string?

The only connection between my trueflow and the speedmaster is a very thin "Wire my plates not ready!!" Lols.

Hope you get it sorted mate.

Nelly.

Hi Rande

I am using Printflow grade software i recommended to bay it easy to use.

Tray to use this %filename%!%signature%%surface%.%color%.ppf ( fore direct outpoot )
%imposition%.%signature%%surface%.%color%.ppf ( fore imposition )

Hello Rande. We use TF4 and we use Perreta FS2500 v1.11 for our cip3 info. No problems. The code in Trueflow that we use is %j_%o_%f.ppf

This is a "special" system setting that only a TF engineer can adjust. It doesn't have anything to do with the %J%O%F info as when the PPF data is generated there is info inside the file that tell the JOB CODE and JOB NAME to go into specific fields.
I had this explained to me but because its a special system setting they couldn't show me how it was done.

Hope this helps and maybe refer them to this article and it will jog there memory.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back