cleaning clogged lines on Epson 7600

Johnnyvu

Hi everyone, got a 7600 cheap that has ultrachrome ink. Most everything on the control panel got 5 stars. Did multiple head cleanings, a power cleaning, and puddling of the cap and paper towel trick on the print head. I've only got one black working so far. I can see that the yellow line is clogged, and I'm guessing the rest may be as well and they are just harder to see. So any suggestions on clearing the lines. There are a lot of options out there, do I pay $200+ for cartridges with special fluid or just get refillables for around $100 and fill them with simple green. I don't know if the original users switched ink types, so there could be gelling instead of crystaling in there. Thanks.

Hi

Have you tried an "int Fill" Usually better than a cleaning cycle when you have a lot of ink to move. If you see that the nozzles that are not printing change from test to test then it is likely ink starvation from air or foaming of the ink possibly caused by the cleaning cycles. I see this often and the nozzle will print once the bubbles have dissipated. Probably a good idea to fill with a cleaning solution and once the lines are flushed let it sit for a day or so. Then replace with the ink of you choice. materialsreprographx.com has a wide range cartridges and inks. Bulk refillable carts work well with the 7600.

I haven't tried the initial fill yet, but would do that with cleaning carts. Not enough ink to try it now, and I don't think it's just a matter of air bubbles, it looks like a couple of solid sections in the yellow line. Absolute inkjets has cleaning cartridges that they say work on both ink types (since I don't know if the previous owners switched over to the ultrachrome without flushing) but they cost like $230! Empty cartridges can be had for about $100 but don't know if simple green in it could do the trick, and think that windex might be too strong to run through the whole system. Anyone out there try either, not just for the head, but from the cartridges all the way through? Thanks.

A blockage within the tube may prevent the pump and pressure system from drawing ink or fluid through the line.
It may be necessary to remove that blockage.
The are many things to consider. . .
Products not intended for inkjet use may cause too much foaming, have incompatible chemicals and have particles that could plug the dampers or head.
Can the tube be flexed, tapped or pinched to breakup the blockage without causing any damage?
if you can breakup the blockage it will flow towards the head, the dampers may or may not filter out the particles.
Bulk refillable carts and a liter or 2 of cleaning fluid will probably be the least expensive route.
Epson 4800 Bulk ink carts are $40 each @ MaterialsReprographX.com. The 7600 is not yet listed but would probably be the same cost as they are the same cartridge just a different chip. A liter of cleaning solution is generally less than $99.00
Hope this helps

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back