Cleaning Water System On CX102... how often?

RMprepress

I know this question is probably a point of contention out there in the offset world but how often should you be flushing out the water system on a Heidelberg CX102 (or any offset press for that matter)?
Is it done on a strict schedule no matter what the work load, like every week or do you just wing until it needs to be done.
Also if you are color critical shop is it even more important to do it weekly?

Check conductivity daily and when it climbs above what you have set as the high point reading, fush, clean and refill with fresh.
Depending on what stocks/inks you are running change as required as its up to you when you do the required flush/fill.
Clean pans also and monitor fountain solution temps whether running alcohol or not. If you see scumming/tinting you may have left it too long

Respectfully, I would get in the general practice of changing water out weekly, unless you have a Floclear system and are constantly replenishing.

Founts (regardless of manufacturer) will have a working lifespan. Some contain organic gums while others have synthetic gums. That said, newer technologies may not have gum at all.

Effectiveness may be compromised even with just age, despite conductivity or pH numbers not increasing.

i would do it every week we are also a color critical shop and i think it helps a lot i run a ryobi 780E

Once a week or if your conductivity gets 1000 points above your fresh fountain solution readings.

Attachments

• meter1.jpg
    meter1.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 5

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back