Click Charges

John Roberts

Hi All, I am in the process of looking at a new digital press to replace my Xerox 252. I am looking at a Versant 80 and the click being offered is 5c but am unsure as I think this maybe uncompetitive. I am open to other manufacturers and have seen the KM1085 being widely praised so that could be an option. Would anyone mind sharing what they know to be current click rates in the industry and will manufacturers haggle? I am based in Ireland but would welcome rates from any country. Thanks!

That price is right in line with what I have experienced with Xerox. That is assuming that it is a locked in price for the duration of the lease. If not, then a little higher than I have seen.

Hi John, were in a similar boat. We're based in Dublin and replacing our DC242 with a versant 80. Our offer currently on the table is colour at 3.95c and black .75c with rip support at 160euro per quarter.

What volumes are you currently doing as that may be a factor

Last edited:
Thanks Pippip for the info. Rip support is something different to the proposition to me, you maybe further down the road in your dealings. Did you look at a Konica machine? My volumes aren't huge yet but are growing and I need to make sure my input costs are right.

I looked at the KM 1060 and I was impressed with the machine. I just felt it was a bit more of a production only machine than the Xerox. Things like the document feeder for photocopying was extra and a few other bits. Overall because we have the DC242 with creo rip i just felt on this occasion the Xerox upgrade was a better fit for how we have shaped ourselves over the years and how we get jobs from customers.

Sounds like you are in the ball park on current click charges - we are in Canada and that's very close. Our biggest thing when doing these deals (we are all digital and this is our 4th colour toner device) is to lock down the click charge for the duration of the lease - the dealer/manufacturer like to have escalation clauses in the contract. Will offer a fairly low rate to start and then bump it each year. Currently running a Ricoh 651EX (great machine - not current has been replaced by the 7110 I think) have had KM and Canon in the past. Seems all of the current offerings are performing well - get what you are comfortable with - service is all important and should be one of the major factors in your decision. Don't be afraid to push for the best deal you can with your different options - they are all hungry. Often if you are changing manufacturers they will offer a better deal - use this to beat up your present supplier too. Get the best graphics package you can on your RIP - makes a big difference in ability to process work. Make sure you get imposition built in.

Hi All, I am in the process of looking at a new digital press to replace my Xerox 252. I am looking at a Versant 80 and the click being offered is 5c but am unsure as I think this maybe uncompetitive. I am open to other manufacturers and have seen the KM1085 being widely praised so that could be an option. Would anyone mind sharing what they know to be current click rates in the industry and will manufacturers haggle? I am based in Ireland but would welcome rates from any country. Thanks!

On the KM 1060, Ricoh 7110 the click price for large prints in Denmark is 23 øre = 0,0308 EUR That might vary a bit depending on volume. That is if you dont lease.

Have you bought a Xerox Versant 80? I have 2 available units with extremely low meter, refurbished. Message me. Robert

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back