Coating question

viclpp

I think we use semi gloss aq coating which still has a nice decent gloss. My question was is there a high gloss aq coating and does it look similar to uv coating? Also anyone know much about pri air blanket ir dryer.

there are coatings out there labeled as extra high gloss, but are only really intended for single sided printing. you can use it for w+turn or 2 sided stuff, but it's tricky. iwas forced to do it for 2 years :)

it's no where near as shiny as UV

Sorry there is no AQ coating that comes near to UV. The more gloss you need the more solids in the coating you need, The coating would never dry.

The NiCoat 2710 is the highest gloss Aqueous coating I have seen that can be used as two sided. it can rival UV with a stock with decent holdout.

The NiCoat 2710 is the highest gloss Aqueous coating I have seen that can be used as two sided. it can rival UV with a stock with decent holdout.

Our UV coating gives a Gloss reading of almost 97 on SBS, are you saying i can get the equivalent with waterbase? I'm willing to try anything.

same here i am willing to try it too. don't have to waste time going to uv coating and all the headache with hybrid or uv ink. thanks man ill give it a try. or who can i contact to get this coating from in the US

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back