Color Variation issue helllllllllp

Mariam

hi all iam searching about
Color Variation
Inconsistent color reproduction between proof and print or between jobs
does anyone have any pdf or any thing that can help me to study this issue ??
i need to know its Causes
till know all words seem to be too on the whole like
1. Substrate variation
2. Process color prints do not match
supplied proof
3. Special, spot color does not match
proof
4. Different Pantone Color Formula
Guides
5- icc profile & diffrent bet. Human Vision
Scanner Vision Monitor Vision printer Vision

need some specified informations so I came to you :)

This request is massive, it pretty much covers the whole colour management process. I'll start the ball rolling by commenting on item 3. If you are expecting your proofs (unless they are press proofs) to match PMS colours them you will be disappointed most of the time. I have found Digital proofs very good for 4 colour process but lacking in the special colour department. I would use Digital proofs for process work and supply customer signed ink drawdowns for all specials.
My opinion.

Mariam, since you seem to be a student, is this for a school project? Maybe due at the end of this term?

There are lots of sources of information you should be able to obtain either on the web from searches or from text books at school.

Getting information from a forum like this can be very helpful but it also can result in getting information that is possibly not as academic as your instructors want.

Good luck.

For specific answers you need specific questions. But to understand them we first may need general knowledge. There are plenty specific questions and scenarios if you search this forum. Also to answer the question well it is needed to know what you already understand and from what angle you are approaching the problem. If it is a general acquisition of knowledge, a book like "Real world colour management" is maybe a good place to start. The internet can be overwhelming when trying to get a grip on a subject… once you have the framework and need to dig deeper… or need to find a way to apply the theory in real life situations I am sure there are plenty of knowledgable people who would be willing to help address specific questions. For understanding colour and terminology I also recommend huevaluechroma.com.
(And as Erik said if you are doing it for studies you will need academic references that your tutors approve)

Last edited:
The Gamut of Colour

The Gamut of Colour

Mariam,

I suggest you visit the Blog of a senior member Mr, Gordon Pritchard ( Gordo)

Blog ---- The Print Guide

Regards, Alois

"From knowledge to competence is great step ----- from ignorance to competence an even greater one"

ohhh all thax alot
im student yeah am searching about gamut difference
ill see ur links & references thanx alll :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back