Colors Used in a PDF

kaiserwilhelm

I do not think that Switch / Pitstop Server can do this - but thought I would ask if
(a) I am wrong and they can or (b) there is a third party software that can.

Assume there are no slugs that would throw things off. Pure 8.5 x 11 PDF that is 9.5 x 12.
Assume as well that the artist did their job and cleaned up around the edges so that we there is not something left on
the exterior far edges of the PDF that would throw this off.

So, Say I make a PDF that is 3/1 - Pantone 101,102, 103 over Black.
Can I get any Enfocus and or 3rd party software to tell me that the file was 3/1 and list the colors?

Yes, it is part of the preflight of most of the software packages designed for Prepress.

You probably need the Gather Color Action, and a report then depending on what you want to do next.
Take the XMLv3 report and then you can parse the report in Switch and do something with the data.

When you say 3/1, are talking about a single side of a page or is the /1 the back up?

You probably need the Gather Color Action, and a report then depending on what you want to do next.
Take the XMLv3 report and then you can parse the report in Switch and do something with the data.

When you say 3/1, are talking about a single side of a page or is the /1 the back up?
3 colors on the front. 1 on the back

Ok so you need to take into account two pages, odd and even.
The gather color Action is the one to try.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back