ComColor aftermarket ink

Tradidi

The ink for the ComColor 7150 costs me $520 per cartridge here in NZ. But I see you can get some aftermarket ink on ebay for as little as $150, less than a third.

The $370 question: is that cheap Chinese ink up to a reasonable standard? Will the quality be comparable? Could it possibly cause any issues with the printer? Are there any other recommended brands or options out there?

What about refilling the ComColor cartridge with genuine Epson ink, which I am quite happy with? I understand that I would still have to replace the chip on the cartridge, but at least then the ink will cost me half the price for a good quality ink. The only difference is that the Epson ink is water based, while the ComColor ink I believe is oil based. Is that a problem?

I'm not on a service contract, so I am free to look at any alternative inks.

Yes, be careful. There are a few good inks out there. There are also some that can clog your printhead. Unfortunately, your sources are limited in NZ. It's best to read reviews carefully and learn from others. I would not use Epson or any other ink not specifically designed for that printhead. I recommend ForJet ink from Forbes Inkjet (www.yourduplicatorsource.com). You will have to try registering an account on their website to see if NZ is in the dropdown. Currently $249 US.

The ink for the ComColor 7150 costs me $520 per cartridge here in NZ. But I see you can get some aftermarket ink on ebay for as little as $150, less than a third.

The $370 question: is that cheap Chinese ink up to a reasonable standard? Will the quality be comparable? Could it possibly cause any issues with the printer? Are there any other recommended brands or options out there?

What about refilling the ComColor cartridge with genuine Epson ink, which I am quite happy with? I understand that I would still have to replace the chip on the cartridge, but at least then the ink will cost me half the price for a good quality ink. The only difference is that the Epson ink is water based, while the ComColor ink I believe is oil based. Is that a problem?

I tried the cheap ink fom China in my Riso once - never again - it affected the print quality badly and to be honest just made a mess in my machine.

The print was really fuzzy almost unreadable. As it got worse I noticed it dripping on the sheet and when I opened the machine to check it was dripping off theprint heads. Yuk!

Best I got is 260$ just for shipping to New Zealand UPS. The package is 5X4X17 and weighs 5 lbs from 44039 Ohio if you wanna try to get a better price.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back