Command Workstation log

gig0

any way in getting a count on a job thats been running but errored out due to a power outage, hardware failure, drunk co-worker, etc.?

I know the Creo IC-xxx front end will give an accurate count in the accounting log in such situations or even resume where it left off if you re-submit the failed RPT file but can't seem to find anything in CW. Thanks!

Yes, in CWS you select "Server/Logs". It will bring up the log page. Any jobs that was interrupted for any reason will marked "canceled" under Print Statu. Find the entry you are interested in and look for "Number of Jobs Printed." That's the complete jobs.

I don't think your can simply resume an incomplete job. You need to reset the number of copies you need.

yeah, checked there but for whatever reason the job didn't show up as cancelled. Not sure it it was a bug or not getting accurate information from the night shift.

Version 5.6.0.42 if anyones interested (in case it's a bug).

I'm still on version 5.3xxx. Have you tried sortting the jobs? I've noticed sometimes the latest entry is not on top by default.

yeah, checked there but for whatever reason the job didn't show up as cancelled. Not sure it it was a bug or not getting accurate information from the night shift.

Version 5.6.0.42 if anyones interested (in case it's a bug).

Sorting wasn't the issue. The job is listed in the log and shows the print status as 'ok' for a quantity of 1000, yet the output is only half that.

Sorting wasn't the issue. The job is listed in the log and shows the print status as 'ok' for a quantity of 1000, yet the output is only half that.

Is it a duplex job? If so, Number of "pages" is 1000. Actual sheets is 500

-MailGuru

I've seen CWS do some pretty funky things in the log. Jobs that I've submitted and cancelled somewhere else are still recorded as printed at full qty, yet I knew that it wasn't. Bottom line is the data you are trying to get isn't reported to the Fiery in the same way you think it is. I'll try to take a look at it in detail to see what makes it tick over the next couple days.

I have had to use the log for situations similar to the OP
I would think these are the counts you are being billed for; just a guess. If it shows more counts than you think, it would be worth looking into.

Service tech is here (lol). He said whatever amount of sheets come out, that's what registers on the internal counter in the main body, so the front-end doesn't dictate the count we're being billed for.

For now I have to agree with PricelineNegotiator that it was just some random flakyness. I'll just have watch for it to happen again. This was our first time experiencing this. Bookmarked!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back