Company Levels

gordo

615 Company Levels.jpg

Worker - No authority, full responsibility, all the operating knowledge.

Management - Some authority, some responsibility, just enough operating knowledge to fool the boss but not enough to actually do more than muck things up.

Boss - Full authority, no responsibility, all the money and power. Did I forget no knowledge 'cause he doesn't need it.

While I understand this is meant to be humorous, I have to differ with the intent and replies. I can see where in a large organization this is all true, but in the small business environment, at least at my company, we allow our employees a good amount of authority and I continue to be very responsible (and knowledgeable on most matters :)

You're lucky then. I've always worked at smaller places, including Mom and Pop shops, and have had plenty of higher-ups who refuse to learn but are more concerned with throwing their weight around.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back