Compare b/w EFI 4.0 and 3.1

leo

Hi everybody,

Do you know and use EFI 4.0 XF, can you give us some reference, idea about EFI 4.0. Any news, advantage and strength of version 4.0 compares with version 3.1?

Any advice or opinion is high appreciate and thanks
Leo

* Enhanced Calibration and Color Controls
* Significantly Enhanced Spot Color Handling
* The Adobe PDF Print Engine
* Multiple CPSI capability – RIP 4 jobs at once (with quad processor CPU)
* Wizard-based GUI for even easier configuration and use
* JDF Integration

It's also a bit faster.

http://www.printingnews.com/web/online/Products/EFI-to-Launch-New-Versions-of-Colorproof-XF-and-Fiery-XF/4$8886

Ian forgot to mention the Dynamic Wedge, which dynamically samples up to 64 predominant colors in the image, including all spot colors. This allows you to verify not simply the ISO standard solids, tints, and overprints, but any custom colors. There's also enhanced capabilities with the Epson 79/9900, including automatic recalibrations and the ability to print the verification results directly on the proof. It's a significant step up. V. 4.1 will shortly come out; it promises further significant enhancements, including (correct me if I'm wrong, Ian) halftone drivers for the 79/9900s and the new white ink/package proofer WT 7900. My customers love 4.0, and I expect them to like 4.1 even more.

Hi everybody,

I have never used EFI 3.0 or 4.0 but I'm interested in one special function: put same Jobs into one file and allow us to print these same jobs at one time instead of printing it manual time by time. What's function called and it has in EFI 4.0? It probably is such as multiple printing same jobs in one click?

Any experience guy let's me know and some reference?
Thanks

Hi everybody,

I have never used EFI 3.0 or 4.0 but I'm interested in one special function: put same Jobs into one file and allow us to print these same jobs at one time instead of printing it manual time by time. What's function called and it has in EFI 4.0? It probably is such as multiple printing same jobs in one click?

Any experience guy let's me know and some reference?
Thanks

Leo,

The function that you are seeking is called "Nesting" and it is part of EFI Fiery XF 3.0 and 4.1.
If you have Colorproof XF, you would need to add the "Production Option" for (around) $500.00.

This is right from the brochure (and our web site):

Nesting: This function saves on material and reduces costs by enabling you to output any number of files together in one single job – even different file formats and files with different color spaces. The preview window also makes daily work easier, allowing you to view and edit the nesting layout using a wide range of functions such as moving, scaling, rotating, flipping and cropping. In addition, you can order, align and distribute multiple pages simultaneously.

FineEye | EFI Fiery® XF

Thanks Mc Kenzie. I'm not clear, the Nesting function also has in EFI 4.0 XF version?

Congratz!

What's so good in ver 4.1 besides bug fixes?

EFI XF v4.1's main new features apply to the wide format/production space - the only area in which RIP sales are still occurring at any real volume. Sales of new proofing licenses are probably at a 6-7 year low.

New drivers for UV and solvent printers, new features like iCut support (I think).
There may even be a halftone driver for the new Epson x900 series finally.

From EFI:

Comprehensive cutting engine support offering an one-stop print and cut production
solution with XF
• New RGB contone drivers, RGB linearization, profiling and optimization wizard for powerful
RGB photo and production print workflows providing brilliant output quality
• Support of latest industry standards (Mac OS X 10.6, Windows 7, ISO Offset & PSR 2 profiles
and more!)
• Includes printer drivers for Epson’s WT7900 and many more new printer drivers from latest
Epson to Roland printers
• Once more increased ease-of-use from re-measuring of color rows to managing profiles,
color files and output data via file manager
• Enhanced color handling
• Enhanced Dynamic Wedge™

Hi MacKenzie,

If I need Nesting option, I must ask for Fiery XF? Fiery XF is not part of EFI Colorproof 4.0 with all option? Or I only need order EFI Colorproof 4.0 XF and all option is enough?
Thanks

Leo,

The function that you are seeking is called "Nesting" and it is part of EFI Fiery XF 3.0 and 4.1.
If you have Colorproof XF, you would need to add the "Production Option" for (around) $500.00.

This is right from the brochure (and our web site):

Nesting: This function saves on material and reduces costs by enabling you to output any number of files together in one single job – even different file formats and files with different color spaces. The preview window also makes daily work easier, allowing you to view and edit the nesting layout using a wide range of functions such as moving, scaling, rotating, flipping and cropping. In addition, you can order, align and distribute multiple pages simultaneously.

FineEye | EFI Fiery® XF

Ian MacKenzie, the Nesting function, Tilling,... are come from Fiery Output Option, right? I can purchase the Fiery Output option and use it with EFI Colorproof 4.0 XF?

Please advise!

NO!!!

As I said above, if you have EFI Colorproof XF, you need to add the PRODUCTION OPTION.
It is actually $400.00.

If you are in North America, it can be ordered by calling our office at 616-988-6119.
Please ask for John Nate.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back