Computer that hosts Navigator 9 hard drive filling up

CL2Zero

So, we run Navigator 9 and the hard drive is quickly filling up.
The drive is 465 GB in size. 375 GB are used now.
That leaves 90 GB available. I thought I noticed something a few months ago. At that point I had 109 GB left.
I don't know if all of the jobs that we have sent are still stored on this drive or what.
I cannot find them, and I am running out of ideas about what and where to check.
Does anyone know what I need to do?
I do know that the Output Controller does keep files for a period of time.
I cleaned those out, as I do from time to time, but that was only 8 GB of files.

Assuming you have the rip only no workflow go to file menu uncheck start inputs, then above at configure rip > extras, see where pagebuffer and workspace folders reside, default on Drive C unless you specified otherwise. Quit Navigator, go to that location and delete all contents from these folders, you will of course lose all jobs if any.
Go to Navigator folder/SW and locate the so-called logfile, check its size ; safe to delete as well, the software will recreate a new logfile next time it's started. Other places to collect garbage data :
- open all input queues created (if any) via input controller and locate the Error folder, safe to clear that one too
- shared input folders if you set them up
- some old tiff output folder if someone ever configured a pagesetup to export tiff files locally, just a thought
- actual job files ... some location filling up with pdf or PS files whatever you use
- archiving locations if any.
It's worth looking carefully into all entries of the input controller list it tells where and when filed are being processed and moved.

Maybe check it "delete jobs after completion" is not activated. That will fill a HD in no time.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back