Consumable cost comparisons of inkjet envelope printers

sdv

Hello,

We are taking the deep dive into inkjet envelope solutions, mainly the iJet Color or the Martin Yale/Postmark Rapidcolor. I'm trying to work out a real-life cost of use/ownership.

It seems that the consumables for the iJet are quite a bit more expensive that for the Postmark even though it's the same head and I'm having a hard time finding information on things like life span in impressions for the print bar, average ink usage per envelope, etc. I've been quoted $300 for CMY for the iJet vs. $199 for the Postmark, $8000 for the head vs. $4750 for the Postmark.

Any input on ink consumption would be helpful.

I'm also trying to find out for certain if Printware chips the ink cartridges or if any OEM cartridges for the HP head will work. One of my takeaways from the pandemic was that proprietary supplies are great until you can't get them.

Any input from users of either system would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back