Continual Problems with Konica C8000

yeah, it's a dip switch setting but I don't know which one. If it helps at all, I do have have an old note I found that could be related: Disable gamma adjustments 23-5-1.

Last edited:
when you calibrate what do the measured curves look like? Is the end point below the target, if you look at the numbers is the target quite a bit higher than the measured? If its too low then your engine may need service. Coronas, Drums, starter etc.
When you did the calibration, what were the measured humidity and temperature readings? There is a logical explanation why the color is changing, its either environmental, substrate or the engine needs to be linearized.

There must be some color reg sensor that is not on. We've had lots of color issues on the C8000 but nothing that sounds this bad. Does someone else use the machine? Are they turning off the Color Density Control for the individual tray? That can cause a big color difference from what I've seen. From my experience in running the machine color will shift a a bit. Some colors come up, some drop but the CDC seems to keep it from getting too far out of whack.
I bet that it's a sensor problem seeing you've replaced the entire unit once already.

It sounds like a humidity problem to me - by the end of the day all the heat generated lowering the humidity then next morning having better humidity - however if not that.

Maybe electrical, I am guessing the 8000 is 230 or 240 volt AC and 20 or 30 amp - print shops often have 3 phase which in the lower voltages is 208 volts AC and I think the single phase taken off this is also 208 volts AC. Now read this print planet link on Okidata problems resolved Xante/Oki Quality Issues Solved! and see if that doesn't talk you into trying a line conditioner voltage booster if your humidity is upwards of 50% Another test of humidity would be to throw in newly unwrapped paper when doing the test so humidity hasn't had a 12 hour chance to deplete.

We've not had a problem with our Xerox's and do have 208 volts AC 3 phase but different locations may be subject to fluctuations - or maybe its because we have a Xerox and perhaps it has a better power supply, we bought a KM rebranded as a Ikon years ago much to our regret, now we pay a bit more up front for something that works long term.

We get 3803 errors periodically. It's a fuser temp sensor error. If you start it in service mode you can clear the error by going to software switch #3, the right number on 1 and turn it to off.

If the error comes back you probably need the sensor swapped out - it's a quick fix.

I agree on the electrical side of it. We installed all new Innovolt line filters for the 8000s and it cleared up a ton of problems, including blowing drum potential sensors!!

I think the 4522 is usually the shutter/color sensor that flips open at the bottom of the transfer belt unit. We'll usually CAREFULLY clean all the toner off the shutter and sensors and reboot to clear it.

"CAREFULLY" ?
How are you cleaning it?
Just use canned air or a manual "poofer" ?

Common problem with older konicas as well

Canned air can damage the registration and density control sensors. Puffer brushes work best. If handled incorrectly, the shutter can be bent and the cable may come off of it's pulleys. Be careful.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back