Copier/printer vs duplicator

elfidito

Hi,
this could sounds a litle stupid, but im confused:

Witch is the basic difference between a copier machine vs a duplicator?
Why is better to use a copier engine based for printing business than a duplicator one?
can any one give me some "light" in this?

Hi,
this could sounds a litle stupid, but im confused:

Witch is the basic difference between a copier machine vs a duplicator?
Why is better to use a copier engine based for printing business than a duplicator one?
can any one give me some "light" in this?

print a high res file on both and you'll see the difference. the xerographic technologies are different.

I agree. Several months ago, I was considering a duplicator. I gave the sales rep two files to test print for me- one with just line art and the other with high res photos. He didn't even bother to bring back the samples with the photos. He said it didn't look good.

Duplicators can be great for single colour text and line work. Halftones/photos will usually be rubbish compared to xerox/canon etc. We have a ricoh duplicator which we use for carbonless sets, v cheap leaflets and newsletters.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back