Copydot Scanning

ajr

Does anyone know of anyone that does this as a trade service in the UK.

Thanks

AjR

If you don't get a direct answer here, perhaps contact the UK offices of Purup-Eskofot (or their dealers) or Kodak as they might have a customer list they could share.

best, gordon p

my print blog here: Quality In Print

@ m0b33

(wow, is that LEET for Mobee?) anyway, yes, I agree that scanning film is 'like' trying to put toothpaste back into the tube, and while it is messy and you can never really get the swirls just right, the fact is that when someone dies and there are no pictures of that person, you either have to scan a printed sheet from some library of scan the stored film. If all you have is film, it is better to scan the film at the platesetters resolution, or (like we do in gravure) scan then descreen.

Ugly, but sometimes it can't be helped !

I used to operate a copydot scanner (Eskofot) and I must say that when properly done in a closed loop system and with appropriate editing-retouching software, you couldn't tell it was from a copydot file once printed.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back