Coronavirus Sanity by expert Dr John Ioannidis

gordo

This video brings some sanity to the Coronavirus hysteria. It synthesizes the thoughts of epidemiologist expert Dr John Ioannidis. You can skip the first three minutes which is just a listing of his qualifications to speak on the subject.

This video brings some sanity to the Coronavirus hysteria. It synthesizes the thoughts of epidemiologist expert Dr John Ioannidis. You can skip the first three minutes which is just a listing of his qualifications to speak on the subject.

Interesting comments. Gordon, who is the presenter?

I'm not sure how confident I should be in the opinions of a journalist presented video. There is much context that the presenter left out.
IMHO, how many people are infected by the virus (the main focus of the video) is not as important as how many will die because of the virus (rather than die with the virus) and what the profile is of the people who succumb.
We know that the vast majority of people who get the Covid19 virus will not die of it. Indeed many will not even know that they were infected.
We also know that the people most at risk of dying from the virus are people who are immune compromised e.g. diabetics, people with hypertension, people with existing severe disease, and the elderly - who are typically on multiple drugs and are often suffering from poor health.
So, the question is, shouldn't the focus of healthcare be directed towards those at most risk of death rather than forcing blanket restrictions on the entire population and shutting down entire economies?

Dr Pamela Popper: Pamela Popper
The comments in the video were interesting and something to think about. As more info becomes available, as with the experiment in Sweden, and with more testing of antibodies in the general public, etc., a better picture of the real situation will be revealed.

As for Pamela Popper, IMO I don't think she is too credible. Too many weird view points, which might have some validity but they seem to be more related to her personal agenda. She is not a medical doctor in the traditional sense. She looked familiar and that was why I asked.

Thanks for posting the video. It is a viewpoint that is worth hearing even though it might not be the correct viewpoint in the end.

She does have a bias in the material she selects to present - but it appears that is the case with pretty much all the sources of information these days. As far as her credentials are concerned, she does not present herself as the authority (as evidenced in the video I posted) but rather as a communicator of information with source references, that people can verify for themselves.
As Trump noted, we’re in a state of war against this virus. And as we all should remember that “truth is the first casualty of war.”

I'm with Erik.
And the media has such a history of making wayyyy too much out of everything - until the next 'big' item comes along. It's a bit like network TV dragging serials out long after their prime is over, squeezing every last drop.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back