cp85 cleaner doesn't clean that much...

motormount

Hi all!

We have a cp85 for azzura plates,manual feeding it.

Lately the right side of the plates came of the the proccesor with thin layers of gum on them,and finally the layer of gum covered all the plate surface.

I switched front and back cylinders with no succes,but the tech told me that the dryer cylinders are the same,so i put the dryer cylinders before the dryer and plates started came out nice and clean again.

But only for a few plates.

Today there are some signs on the right side of the plate again -as you feed it into the proccesor-,they are barely visible but i don't know when and how soon will it detiorate.

There is also some gum leftovers on the right side of the surface between the cleaning and the dryer section.

The prossesor is only three years old,major cleaned every month and produced less than 500 plates a month!

Do you think thats normal ware for such a low volume,or the cylinders-or the clips that keep them in place- just ware out after a couple of years no matter the plates they proccess?

Or could be some other issue,bad maintanance for example?

Thanks in advance!

ps I attached some photos-very low quality from my cellphone- with the plates before i used the dryer cylinders.

The gum layer is all over,on the right is far more obvius so i used my fingers to help you see it on the rest of the plate!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24764669/azura_plate_cp85.pdf

Hi,

I'm guessing you're talking about a Glunz & Jensen cleanout unit? We have the C85 and have had the same problem. Main problem in our case was worn out bearings. Now we change the top and bottom bearing every 3/6 months (top seems to go faster then bottom) and we have no more problems.

Attached a picture of the bearings. The top ones come of easy, the bottom is hard (especially the first time).

foto.JPGfoto.JPG

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back