CPP500 and CPP650 what do you think

Bruce

I'm looking to purchase either a CPP500 or CPP650 as the price is right and I believe the quality is very good for what I plan on printing which is business careds, letterhead and brochures. I would really appreciate any feed back on experience's good or bad with these 2 devices. THANKS

I'm looking to purchase either a CPP500 or CPP650 as the price is right and I believe the quality is very good for what I plan on printing which is business careds, letterhead and brochures. I would really appreciate any feed back on experience's good or bad with these 2 devices. THANKS

The CPP650 is a piece of crap for color copies and heavy stock. Do not believe what they tell you about it being able to handle heavy paper. You'll lose alot of money in paper and downtime. Ours has giving us problems since day one. STAY AWAY FROM THE MACHINE AND THE COMPANY!

Where are you located

Where are you located

anti_ikon1 if you don't mind me asking where are you located

be careful with letterheads ... it's an issue on any kind of machine

I have a cpp550. the basic version 3 drawers extra air assisted paper deck, and bypass feeder. with light duty saddle stitcher and 3hole punch. we love it. no its not perfect, but better than the canon clc's and the c3200 we had. for a small to medium printshop it is just right. but xerox 700 and others are good too. Pricing on our Ikon was much better than xerox offered us. and better than the km dealers. they are still servicing the machine so that is not an issue for me.

What melts onto the paper on one printer can melt right back off again when put back through another printer with a fuser. It all depends on the fuser temperatures and the melting point of the toner.

Our colleague who owns KM 6500 on my question regarding letterheads (meaning possible problems with further use with black and white laser printers) said they had no problems... even though I stressed on higher fuser temperatures in B&W laser printers...

What melts onto the paper on one printer can melt right back off again when put back through another printer with a fuser. It all depends on the fuser temperatures and the melting point of the toner.

I've been doing letterheads for two years now on a couple of smaller K-M Bizhubs (a C352P and a C451) without a single complaint. I tried on my Xerox DC2060 once and got the ream thrown back at me the next day with ghost imaging all over the place. This is one of the only reasons I'm keeping the bizhubs around.

It's the oil that is the main problem for the xeroxs'. A 700 or a 252 might do a better job. Interested to see if a 700 user has tried pushing a print thru a desktop laser.

It's the oil that is the main problem for the xeroxs'. A 700 or a 252 might do a better job. Interested to see if a 700 user has tried pushing a print thru a desktop laser.

Bullshit UberTech!
I have a Canon IR3200 that is oil-less and have run into the same problem. It's the difference in fuser temperatures... think about it! If something melts at 400 deg. and you run it through another device that is 425 deg. it's going to melt again.

If you are implying that KM's are to be used as letterhead printers, with the purpose of running through another copier/laser printer, you may want the KM legal department to have a look at your advice first. I'm sure they will take away your KM Kool-Aid glass for a while.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back