Crop Tool Problem / Acrobat X Standard

prajna

While we can use the physical crop tool in Acrobat X Standard, the ability to fine tune with exact dimensions in the crop tool is unavailable (grayed out). I was told about three weeks ago that was a known bug and it would be fixed with the next upgrade. We need the ability to crop, but not necessarily the other functionality of Pro for some of our production desktops.

Spoke with Adobe again today, and they said for $199 I can upgrade to Pro and it would solve the crop tool bug. My argument is why do I have to spend another $199 to have functionality I should have had with my current software. I am put on hold and told now that those crop features ARE NOT AVAILABLE with Standard, only with Pro, so I have to upgrade anyway.

Can someone with Acrobat X Standard please verify whether this is true or not?!? Talking with Adobe support is absolutely frustrating. They contradict themselves, mumble "ah, yah" when they have no idea what I'm saying, etc. They already spent 90 minutes taking over my desktop trying to resolve the problem, which makes me curious how tech support doesn't know their own software's functionality?!?!??

Thanks to anyone who can help

Fight with your money and don't give it to them if you think they don't deserve it.
There are other solutions, both free and paid that can accomplish the same/similar goal you want for much less.
Example would be Pitstop for paid and Acropack from Windjack for free (Windjack Solutions, Inc. - Free Stuff)

I hope this helps

While we can use the physical crop tool in Acrobat X Standard, the ability to fine tune with exact dimensions in the crop tool is unavailable (grayed out). I was told about three weeks ago that was a known bug and it would be fixed with the next upgrade. We need the ability to crop, but not necessarily the other functionality of Pro for some of our production desktops.

There are two Cropping tools in Acrobat X - Crop Pages and Set Page Boxes (they both used to be called Crop, in older versions). Crop Pages should be in Standard and should enable you to set the page sizes.

However, with Acrobat X Pro you also get the new Actions feature which woudl enable you to easily create a button/menu item that would use your fixed values.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back