CTP-naming problem with installation of MetaDimension

XFX

Hello,

I have a problem with the installation of the MetaDimension printing software. Regarding your experience, I hope you can help me save a local business with its old CTP (still running Windows Server 2003).

The problem : in the picture, you can see the difference of naming between the name included in the USB key and the default naming configuration at installation.

The context : the main Dell Server has a faulty RAID controller which can't rebuild the RAID with "new" disks. So I looked up for machines with a PCI-X port for the LVDS card (I discovered the difficulty of Heidelberg hardware at the same time). Now I have a Dell Workstation T7500 running Proxmox virtualization with the ability to access the PCI, well recognized as Heidelberg hardware, and the USB key is also see correctly in the virtual machine (licence is accessible and enabled). The configuration was restore with Heidelberg software utilities. I followed all the steps of the official manual for the installation of MetaDimension softwares.

I hope you can help me and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Xavier

Attachments

• 34d24848.png
    34d24848.png
    205.1 KB · Views: 41

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back