Custom profiles not working with Windows 7

prajna

We use custom profiles for our large format printer (HP 5500PS), which were developed from an Xrite Pulse system. They've worked perfectly in the past. Since we upgraded our workstation hardware, which includes Windows 7, none of the profiles work anymore. Calls to HP, Microsoft and Xrite have led nowhere. It seems we are the only people in the world who have this problem, which I find hard to believe. Xrite tells us we need to invest in all new hardware. But what I don't understand is, if the profile is simply a table working with the output device, why would it stop working from within Photoshop, etc.? Is it maybe CS5 that is the problem?? Adobe says it's not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd hate to have to buy a new profile system to solve what appears to be a software issue.

Thanks in advance to anyone in the know.

Hello,

What happens exactly, when you want to print? Are you printing from a Rip or from an application (Photoshop) directly (via the driver)?
Sounds like a user right problem or a tag problem in the profile itself. Did you copy it as an administrator to the C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\color folder? It might also be the printer driver, which is not compatible with Windows 7.

Cheers

It could be Windows WCS that is the problem. Can you send me the profile and I will try it on my Windows 7 installations? Are you sure it is a valid ICC profile, not corrupt or mistagged?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back