I can't seem to get it to come down all the way when cutting
it cuts and leaves about 1/4 inch stock uncut
how do i adjust the blade to come down

anyone have a pdf on this:confused:

Thanks

Rob

Champion cutter from the 60's

Champion cutter from the 60's

i work at a small newspaper in tryon nc, and maybe i can help.

we have a similair cutter, a champion from the late 60's, and here is the step-by-step for lowering the blade.

1. Flip the toggle switch that prevents the blade from going back up once it is engaged. On ours its located under the power button on the right hand side.

2. Engage the blade so that it is down, but not all the way.(it should not return up with the switch flipped.)

3. Loosen the allen screws that are facing you so that the depth can be adjusted.

4. There should be two bolts on the top of the balde, which you can really only get to easily with the blade somewhat down. These are the height adjustments. Turning these clockwise should lower the blade.

5. Make sure the depth is the same all the way across, by laying a single sheet of paper all the way across the cutting surface. If the paper is cut all the way, and the plastic "stick" isn't being cut into too much, the depth should be about right.

6. Tighten the allen screws back down, a flip the toggle "return" switch back.

Hope this helps.

-Jeff

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back