D4Press with Xitron NAv 6.0

onevon2k

Hi,

Im currently installing D4Press with Xitron Rip 6.0. I run/plot some test file but after processing, the film output (image) was distorted. Its like a person's image that became like a ghost face. The dots/screen are distorted as well. I suspect the rip card or interface card. I just want to ask for a 2nd opinion from the experts and those who experience the same problem. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

onevon2k

Hi,

Im currently installing D4Press with Xitron Rip 6.0. I run/plot some test file but after processing, the film output (image) was distorted. Its like a person's image that became like a ghost face. The dots/screen are distorted as well. I suspect the rip card or interface card. I just want to ask for a 2nd opinion from the experts and those who experience the same problem. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

onevon2k

It could be the VLSI or TSP, whichever you are using. This is where the screening is done.

Hi Pach,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, your right it will be the TSP if im using a PSM rip which i believe the counterpart of the RIP Card (xitron interface card) since im using xitron nav ver 6.0 which i also mentioned in my previous post. Anyway, this clarify things further. Again, thank u.

Hi,

Im currently installing D4Press with Xitron Rip 6.0. I run/plot some test file

Hi
is it OK exposing the Internal Pattern from Service Utilities of the Dolev4Press ? Try also check it at 12000 rpm of the spinner motor.

but after processing, the film output (image) was distorted. Its like a person's image that became like a ghost face. The dots/screen are distorted as well.

Can u please scan (or take a photo) and send it film?

regards

Last edited:
Hmm, we also get same problem with onevon2k, I think it's not come from RIP/ PSM because we changed RIP. I think it comes from Internal Pattern Dolev but we never know how to detect and get rid of. : ((.

Hi Leo,

Yes, its not the RIP (PSM) - software, what i mentioned is the TSP interface card(if PSM RIP) or the xitron interface card (if Xitron Nav RIP). How about your setup, is it a SFL-VLSI connection or a TSP connectivity? i had similar problem before, we replace the TSP card and it solved the problem. Now, my case right now is a D4press running with Xitron Nav, thats why i asked for second opinion. Tnx

Hi VOIN,

Yes, i will try to run internal pattern on SVC UTIL, but havent tried it yet since im not on site. On my next visit, ill try to plot Int. Pattern and give u updates as soon as i finished it. Thanks for your reply.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back