Daylight filtering film for my windows, when handling unexposed printing plates.

Hello there :)

I use Agfa N95 plates for coldset newsprint. These plates can only be handled in yellow light. My questions is regarding if anyone on here know about any window film or so that I can mount on my windows.

I have some large windows that today are covered in old red/yellow repro mounting film, and it looks very bad and worn. I would like to fresh things up and put new window film on the windows because it will give us a better view and a better feeling at work.

The problem is that I cant find any window film that works for me. The supplier recommend me to buy a special kind of plexi glass, but due to the windows shape and size it will be very expensive and my manager will not let me buy it. I have tried with ”regular” car window film, but the plates gets exposed when I try.

Does anyone on here have any ideas and tips that can be of use for me? Maybe someone use a kind of window film that works?

This is the recommendation form the supplier:

Room lighting
Plates should be unpacked and loaded into the platesetter, or manually processed, in
yellow light with wavelengths >580nm and a illumination not higher than 200 Lux for
a time not exceeding 10 minutes (Hmax = 2000 lxmin). Suitable light sources are
fluorescent lamps such as Osram L36 W62. Daylight can be filtered with yellow
PLEXIGLAS® 1C33 GT.

Have a nice day! :)

// Markus

Contact Roscolux (e.g. http://ca.rosco.com/en/product/roscolux-0 ) they provide large gels primarily for the motion picture industry. I have one of their sample swatchbooks and it includes the wavelengths that each gel color filters. If you look at the gel's specifications ( http://ca.rosco.com/products/catalog/roscolux ) and click on the "i" in the lower right corner of a sample patch it'll give you that information. So, if you contact them and tell them your requirements they can probably meet your needs.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back