DC240 under Win7Pro: Can't Get to Preference Menus

homeboy

We have a DC240 with Fiery EXP250 connected to several computers running Windows XP. All is well. Now we have a new computer running Win7Pro. Downloaded Win7 x64 from Xerox website, but Win couldn't find any drivers. Called Xerox and tech said to use Vista x64 driver. Driver installed but when I click on set-up and then preferences (while printing from an application), I get what looks like a Windows menu with only two tabs (layout, paper/quality). When I do this on the XP computers, I get what looks like a Xerox menu with 6 tabs (layout, paper/quality, fiery, consumables, postscript, about). I called Xerox and they said to use the XP x64 driver. Did that but I still get the 2 tab menu set rather than the 6. Did I not install something correctly? Is this a consequence of running Win7Pro?

When we add a new computer to our office. We just install "Command Workstation" on that computer and it is up and running from there. The program is free for your fiery at : Fiery Command WorkStation 5
This has worked for us on windows XP, Vista and WIN 7 (hope it works for you)

We have CW running on the computer connected to the Fiery. Your solution might solve the problem or even be a better way of doing things, but I have a question. With CW on each computer, when you print something, do you print from the application in the normal way, be it MS Word or InDesign or whatever, i.e., go to File, then Print, and only have occasion to access CW, if you need to go into printer properties?

if you are going to use CWS, you should print to the HOLD queue so the jobs stays in the Fiery until you modify its properties and then print.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back