Delta 8.5

mategraf

I have Delta 8.0 ( with gravure option enable) and connected to Herkules Pro and
Dolev 800V with tiff catcher. My problems are:

1. It seems that files that are process with the gravure dot option can´t be sent to tiff catcher ( I get an error message, See pic), is there a way that I can fix this?

2. Also is there a way that I can work with Delta Rip wihout having my Herkules Imagesetter on?

Attachments

• Delta.JPG
    Delta.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 222
Dear mategraf,
Gravure IS Screening does only work with so called Hardware Screening when outputting over Delta IS Tower. Software Screening (e.g. Tiff Output) does not support this Screening System but Standard IS. To import Deltalists that are created with Gravure IS Screening you need to choose the Screening System within the Queue OPC Header and additionally activate the parameter “Use queue OPC or Output Manager defaults” and “ Ignore Job Calibration” for DeltaLists Workflow (Import Job).
Hope this will Help
Werner

Bad news, It did not work, maybe I am doing something wrong.
These are the steps, I am doing at the moment with Delta rip when I setup a Queue.
1. First I go to the Setup of my queue, in my case I would setup the one that is called
"Rotograbado" (See pic 1)
2. In the setup as you can see in pic 2, y have checked the options of OPC Header File, and the other one "Use queue OPC or output manager deafaults" and Ignore Job Calibration".
3. Now I go to edit the OPC Header files, where I choose the Type of screening in this case I want it with Gravure Screen (See Pic 3)
4. Now that everything is set, I send a PDF file to the queue ( Rotograbado ) to rip.
5. And now I will send it to Tiff Export (See Pic 5)
6. And I get this error, which is the same as before. ( See pic 6)

Attachments

• PIC 1.JPG
    PIC 1.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 236
  • PIC 2.JPG
    PIC 2.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 212
  • PIC 3.JPG
    PIC 3.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 226
  • PIC 5.JPG
    PIC 5.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 237
  • PIC 6.JPG
    PIC 6.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 228

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back