Device Total

Jason_CTP

Does anyone use this option? Its under the log (icon) window. It gives you info on how many plates you output in a specific time frame.
I was having a disagreement with me plate vendor about my usage. I had check the log to a few weeks ago to get a count on usage. When I tried to lookup the totals again to show the vendor, the number were completely off. It did not matter what dates I put in. The totals would come out way under typical usage.
I'll bet its the usually operator error, but I can't figure it out. If I can get this to work, we will may have to pay twice for 200 missing plates.

I know this doesn't answer your question.... but... to save you 200 plates-
Can't you check your RIP to see the jobs imaged in a log?

Meybe you can get the plate usage off the plate processor control panel too. It will tell you a total plate usage, note it down and compare it and it will give you your usage I would think unless you use different plate sizes like me.

I have used this in the past for just the same reason. The search function is kind of weird but the numbers are accurate to the dates. The good thing about using Device Total rather than any other method is because it shows you how many plates were actually burned. Whether they were spoiled for whatever reason or actually used you still get a total count of all imaged plates through the device.

I believe it only has a three month memory limit (at least it seems that way on mine). So keep that in mind. If you're tracking any of this on paper it may be a good idea to take some screen grabs and save those somewhere. Granted those screen grabs could be manipulated by any half decent photoshop user but we wouldn't do that, right? It's something to keep in mind and think ahead in case your rep is ballsy enough to ever doubt you and bring it up.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back