Difference Between SM102 & XL105

Dear Members,
We are in a process of acquiring a new sheet fed press. We are looking for a 8 Color Perfecting sheetfed press, i.e 4c x 4c. Can anyone let me known the difference between a SM102 and XL105 eight color perfecting press? Apart from its price difference. Our jobs are mostly magazines, books, cataloges. Paper gsm rangeing from 65 gsm to 350gsm. We would at time print 6 to 8 color in straight mode.

Regards,
Sunil Hegde

The 105 is an 18,000sph press and lives up to its name, if long runs and speed are important to you then thats the press for you, if short runs,fast makereadies and a decent level of automation are important maybe a 102 would suit you better, you wont get 18k out of a perfector anyway and a 102 is a lot less money than a 105 I believe

For the reccord, a XL 105P has no 18.000 speed. It's maximum speed is 15.000 and this is often a standard
A XL 105 has a enhanced Perfecting device than the SM serie. The XL perfecting works trouble free, and you do not need to look inside for air settings (preset and state of the art)

Beside the differences in the perfecting the preset plus delivery is enhanced in every way. A sensitive point (in all perfecting machines from all suppliers) is the lowest point of the delivery (from inpression to sheet guide) At the XL 105P this is solved by using suction weels (presetting and no manual corrections needed)

The productivity of the XL 105P is a lot more than the SM 102P (esspecialy when the option Autoplate XL and inpress color measurement is on the macine)

Good luck!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back