Digimaster 9110

St.Nicholas Press

Hi,

Anyone owns that kind of B&W machine? Could you share your experience with it, please?

It was also sold as CANON ImageRunner 110, and Heidelberg (Kodak) Digimaster 9110, IBM Infoprint, etc.

9110's

9110's

We brought in one on a trial a few years ago with 4 Xerox Docutechs in the same room. We found that even though the 9110 physically ran slower it was more reliable and at the end of the day was able to get more jobs/pages out then any single Xerox DocuTech (6135/6155/6180).

Companies like KM PSG do third party service on Xerox, Kodak, and Konica Minolta. They will often change out a few DocuTechs for a few slower refurbished 9110's and charge less for service knowing they won't have to show up as often for repairs. They also don't bundle clicks into the monthly pricing so you don't have to guess exactly how many you will print and over pay if you go under and pay the overage cost should you go over.

I would look at the refurbished units they are a fraction of the cost and rebuilt to almost new with the same warranty.

I ran a IR 110 and IR 138, both were solid machines. My only gripe was the front end they put on it. The user interface was slow and not very intuitive. Had the feeling like an engineer put it together :p

They are IMO a wonderful piece of "Big Iron". Couple instering points.

Print Engine began its lfe as a Kodak 1392 LED Printer that was par of the LionHeart system.

Some LionHeart code still exists in the device.

RIP is much better then t was before. You can now use the "SmartBoard", and even the EFI MicroPress. The basic interface s slow and cumbersome

If you can buy them right used they ARE an excellent value. f you go with the Canon iR110 make sure all of the software upgrades are done as they make a significant performance difference

Software upgrades for 110 engine

Software upgrades for 110 engine

Happy Holidays!

I wanted to reply regarding the software upgrades, this would refer to the print production software that
comes in two versions being SP or AP. SP stands for standard program and the AP stands for advanced
program. The main differences between the two are is that with the AP version you have can use the
what's known as the Commerical Print options. The commerical print options included:

Extended Paper Range
Enhanced media support to run up to 140lb. Index
MICR printing

The extended paper range option will allow you to run up to 14.33 X 18.5. Without it you are limited to 14X18. The purpose of being able to run this size is for 12up checks.

The enhanced media support to run up to 140lb. Index turns on the air jets built into the engine which
helps to feed the the thicker stock. If you don't purchase the AP option, you can run up to 110lb. Index.

MICR printing is generally used to print checks and other secure documents.

Depending upon your business requirements will determine which print production package you will need.

Thank you very much!

One more question is about consumables:

Is toner compatible for all this models?
Could KODAK D1 toner be used on CANON IR110?
I saw on the Internet that there are different weight, price and marking toner packages, from D1 to GPR-9,GPR-12, etc. from USD 75 to USD245...

Could we use any of them on IR110 badged Digimaster?
Which one could be recommended? which type and supplier?

Sorry, if my questions sound silly, and thank you all!

I am looking at a used Digimaster 9110. Did you ever get any response or info on the consumables?

We just received one Digimaster under Canon label a few days ago.

I found some suppliers of toner for this machine.

Unsure if they are all compatible, that is why I was looking exactly for Canon toner.

I plan in future to bring a couple more Digimasters.

Will you share our supplier info? DO you know the part number for the toner? I can't seem to find much on the web. Your happy with the machine? How was the setup?

Will you share our supplier info? DO you know the part number for the toner? I can't seem to find much on the web. Your happy with the machine? How was the setup?

No servicemen in our area and in general there`s just maybe 1 or 2 installations in Russia!

So nothing much to share yet.

I will check with part numbers and let you know.

Which model do you plan to buy or have you bought one?

JJ Bender (in US) specializes in these machines. Canon imageRUNNER 110, Canon iR 110 Copier, Canon imageRUNNER 110 Lease, iR 110, Canon imageRUNNER

But sometimes you can find them cheaper.

Where are you based?

We are litho printers, and frankly, we bought it largely because of perfect binder Book Factory which was included in sale.

Now we`ll have to go digital, too:)

Sorry! I didn't know you were in Russia. I have found a wholesale copier dealer that has obtained on off of lease and is willing to make me an incredible deal based on the pricing I have seen online so far. I;m just trying to get some info on the machine, service and consumables before I commit to buying it. It is a Heidelberg 9110. I found JJ Bender's website. I'm in San Antonio, Texas.

Sorry! I didn't know you were in Russia. I have found a wholesale copier dealer that has obtained on off of lease and is willing to make me an incredible deal based on the pricing I have seen online so far. I;m just trying to get some info on the machine, service and consumables before I commit to buying it. It is a Heidelberg 9110. I found JJ Bender's website. I'm in San Antonio, Texas.

If you are lucky enough to find any kind of manual for this press, and could share, we`d appreciate that much! :)

[email protected]

What I could find online were mostly good impressions of this robust iron press, as they say, although there are faster modifications of this press on the market now sold by Kodak, etc. OEM-sellers.

In answer to your questions, the toner is the same across all of the OEM's and the user guide is available from the device front end. Click on the question mark in the top right corner, this will open a browser with a link to the online manual.
Hope this helps

ImageSmart or SmartBoard

ImageSmart or SmartBoard

Hey all,

I am looking for the software "ImageSmart Document Mastering" or "SmartBoard Document Mastering" for my used Heidelberg Imagedirect 665. Could one please help me to find it ?

All the best

Smartboard

Smartboard

Imagesmart was discontinued a few years ago and turned into Smartboard.
Smartboard is a plugin for Acrobat and there are different versions to match the software version on your engine. You do not need Smartboard to drive the scanner.
Kodak have a twain driver which you can use to run most scanning applications. I think Smatboard is only available driectvfrom Kodak or one of it's partners.

SmartBoard imageDirect 665

SmartBoard imageDirect 665

If so, I don't know anymore what to do. I have downloaded and installed that twain driver from the Kodak homepage, I also installed the 65 ppm imagedirect 665 scanner software and the scanner still doesn't work. I thought it was because of XP and I turned back to NT, nothing. Sometimes, the following message appears: "The firmware fils could not be located".

Hmm, have you updated the aspi32 layer on your PC? just do a google for aspi32 and download/install the software. Most PC's dont have the correct aspi update to handle the scsi card connection. You may need to uninstall the twain driver, update the aspi32 then reinstall the twain.

we have a used Digimaster for sale.
One of the best peices of kit we've ever invested in.

If anybody's interested in this kit in the UK or Europe, please pm me.

We have the Kodak 9110 since I believe 1998-1999. We were one of the, if not the the first install ever for the 9110.(Rochester, NY, home of Kodak) It has been a solid machine ever since. We did RIP/scan/software upgrade about 5 years ago and it got even better. It might be a little slower than the Xerox but I think you will find that you will have more "up time" with the 9110 that will make up for it. We had KM service contract on it and they have been awesome. I highly recommend it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back