Digital Presses for Packaging (Board)

ROCPrinter

I would like to thank everyone in advance for your input.

We currently have an HP Indigo 5500. We are looking for a new digital press that can print quality work while printing variable data. I discussed this with HP; they do sell a board kit for the HP to turn it into a 5600 but that will only make the press jump from 15pt. (5500) to 18pt. (5600). They are coming out with a 24pt. kit but it is in beta.

HP also has a new 30000 in beta that can print a 20" x 29" sheet. The 30000 will primer coat, print, then UV coat all in line but they will be asking around 2MM for it.

I would appreciate any feedback that you may have on machines that you may own. The only thing stopping me from committing to the 5600 upgrade from HP is the 12.49" x 17.7" image area. The small image are really limits us...

What are you running and why?

Thanks again!

Landa just postponded his Nanopress for 1 year and the will a click charges...
As far as variable data on such a heavy stock - there are just a few places to shop.
Look at MGI, it is really Konica Minolta engine on steroids but if it works....
HP that you already know of...
Than as suggested an ink jet press but get a quality test fist.
Also Kodak Nexpress? I am unaware of the specs but it looks huge, I would laugh if #100 cover it is max it can chew on :)

I can't tell you how excited I am for Landa to get a press that works out the door. Looks like amazing technology, just hope it turns out to be as good as it sounds.

Futures, but sounds interesting:
"Komori’s other digital print partner is Konica Minolta. Komori said that it plans an end of 2014 launch in the United States, Japan, and Europe for the B2-format Impremia IS29 (known in its Konica Minolta version as the KM-1). Komori says that the Impremia IS29 has space for two extra imaging stations, which could be used for white, clear, or Pantone Matching System (PMS) colors. Komori also noted that the IS29 imaging system could support a B1 sheet with the right feeding system adjustments. "

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back