Digital printing business

Saiful

What kind of necessary steps or requirements will be needed to start Digital printing business ?

Thanks for your response.

Saiful
:D

Business plan, Marketing plan, and oh yeah sales. Start there. A cut throat time to get into it but that is not to say you cant figure out a way to succeed. It will really come down to sales. the manufacturing side of it can easily be sorted out.

Good luck,
John Weaver

Digital printing business

Digital printing is fast becoming the first step for printers wannabe including me. Every one needs printing services. It all boils down to, to whom you want to market your products and services.Digital printing is a versatile and cost effective way to use small print runs to promote a business in a highly professional and eye catching way. Many business owners are held back by the concern that printing is expensive, however with digital printing you do not need to make a massive commitment when you turn each of your marketing ideas into a powerful reality.

I have everything you need, $17k OBO

I have everything you need, $17k OBO

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/crystald820/3n23o83l95V35Y05Q0aao66e41fb1ee961e04.

Everything you need to start a small or home based print operation. I have been doing exclusively letterhead and envelopes but, am getting out of the printing business.
I have:
-2009 Xante Illumina DEP 4 color digital press, runs most envelopes and other paper stock up to 15pt laser-safe board 18.9"Wx47"L. only 35,000 impressions
-replacement fuser, transfer belt, toner cartridges, and imaging drums.
-Color management software, with job preview, cost analysis, file manipulation, and quality control features.
-2010 Perfect 19" electric guillotine paper cutter.
-5000 sheets of 11x17 #60 Husky offset (enough for 10,000 letterhead)
-5,000 Athens #10 envelopes
-1,000 Western Sulphite #10 envelopes

All you need is a computer and a way to generate templates (I use Adobe CS3), and you are set.
I am willing to negotiate price, but please no low-ballers or scammers.
I am listing photos of the Xante and can send you additional photos if you like.

Just curious as to why you are getting out of the business? That setup sounds perfect for a sideline in the evenings.

I was doing fulillment work for a couple of different websites and the work just became too much. I just had a baby in June and got a promotion, so unfortunately, my "side" business became much more than I could handle alone. Running it out of my home, I'm not interested in opening a shop, hiring employees, etc.

Curiously, where are you located? It sounds very interesting to me and may be worth a look.

Thanks,
Gar

Do not lease anything

Do not lease anything

I started my business over a year ago, and the best advice is to avoid leasing your copier or other equipment like the plague. You will have tons of people trying to get you to lease equipment, the truth is the only thing you will have is a silent partner taking up to $1000 out of gross sales.
Digital production is very expensive, it does not beat traditional printing. If you Google around, you can find a local used copier dealer, try them, shop around for a local tech and start a relation with them. You can pickup a low use copier that costed $30,000 for under 5K used. Just make sure to read these forums for reviews and opinions on specific equipment before you buy it.
As for actual printing, use a gang printer like 4Over or Growl, a lot cheaper than anything you can make with a copier and a lot better quality.
So just remember, don't get a silent partner by leasing, just lease when you are successful, not when you are starting!

Jose Barrios
ColorBox Printing

Full color printing, wide format prints, Business Cards, Banners & Design in Orlando Fl.

jbarrio5 id dead-on right. Leasing could be the business killer and there are plenty of really low count machines for reasonable money. I had started my printing business from 350 sq. feet Copy center with only different that I am local Used copier dealer :) that really helped in the matter that I fix my own presses as well.

What are those?

What are those?

As for actual printing, use a gang printer like 4Over or Growl, a lot cheaper than anything you can make with a copier and a lot better quality.

Jose Barrios
ColorBox Printing

Hey Jose, what's a gang printer "40ver or growl"?

You need lots of experience and money both before starting this business. After that, you need experienced staff for printing solutions.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back