Dispatching finished jobs. (carton or shrink wrap?)

BigSi

Hi there.

Interested in getting members feedback on this-

We seem to be wasting a huge amount of time (and expense) sourcing the correct size cartons. (most of our jobs are couriered).
Corrugated cartons are not cheap ( not professional enough using used ones and they often have printing on them).
Always seem to run out of the correct size ones just as we are packaging up a job for dispatch

I know a lot of printers still shrink wrap. (I'm considering buying a good used one). Two draw backs-
Space. (room is a premium in my small factory) and of course the big one, ITS PLASTIC. Beginning to think this is the only option.
Personally this does worry me but not a good look in these environmental friendly times.

Your thoughts?

thanks Simon

We shrink wrap some stuff. But we ship everything in boxes anymore. Our boxes run about $.85/box for 8.75x11.25x10 double walled. So even for our palletized jobs we’re looking at $15-30 which isn’t even noticed if the job is that large.

Hi there.

Interested in getting members feedback on this-

We seem to be wasting a huge amount of time (and expense) sourcing the correct size cartons. (most of our jobs are couriered).
Corrugated cartons are not cheap ( not professional enough using used ones and they often have printing on them).
Always seem to run out of the correct size ones just as we are packaging up a job for dispatch

I know a lot of printers still shrink wrap. (I'm considering buying a good used one). Two draw backs-
Space. (room is a premium in my small factory) and of course the big one, ITS PLASTIC. Beginning to think this is the only option.
Personally this does worry me but not a good look in these environmental friendly times.

Your thoughts?

thanks Simon
Shrink-wrapping is great, also just re-use existing paper cartons that you had your paper delivered in is nice. Can also order boxes from Prestige Box

LETTERHEAD BOXES |** PRESTIGE BOX **| BUSINESS CARD BOXES BUSINESS CARDS BOXES PRINTERS CHIPBOARD BOXES stationary boxes stationery boxes LETTER HEAD BOXES LETTERHEADBOXES.

We use shrink wrap for small stuff, repurposed paper boxes, and generic off the shelf brown boxes. If we add a flatbed printer to the fleet we might start making our own branded boxes.

Thanks guys. Box's are expensive in this part of the would. Not uncommon to pay around $2.00US for an average size carton. Might not seem like a big deal but at the end of the financial year.
we are not talking chicken feed.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back