Distorting offset plates for growth compensation?

schenkadere

Does anyone distort offset plates for gripper to tail growth compensation? First time I'm seeing it after all these years and found it odd for sheetfed offest.

Has paper grain direction been confirmed, should be grain long, parallel to press cylinders.
Has press packing (thickness of plate, blanket, packing) been confirmed?
Are individual ink colors progressively changing size and not fitting, or are all images fitting but just longer/shorter?

Has paper grain direction been confirmed, should be grain long, parallel to press cylinders.
Has press packing (thickness of plate, blanket, packing) been confirmed?
Are individual ink colors progressively changing size and not fitting, or are all images fitting but just longer/shorter?
It was just a blanket practice to run plates scaled 99.9% gripper to tail. I don't have the history for the reasoning, I've just never seen this before.
It's not a problem, just unusual to me with CTP and aluminum plates. There's some sheet growth on press. Probably about 1/32" over the length of a 28" sheet.

We used to have an old Speedmaster that always printed longer on the third unit, that was where magenta was run most of the time, we had to create a special plate exposure job (this was back in the Brisque days) to scale the magenta at 99.98% around the cylinder. It was easier than the operator adjusting the permanent packing.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back