Distortion for Coating using Photopolymer base on Heidelberg CD 74 / 102

drbakshi

Hello,

I had visited a customer who runs a Heidelberg CD 74 whom we have been supplying Photopolymer based plates on their coating units. Of late, they have been facing issues related to registration, so to sort the issue out, we tried to print a scale (in mm) and ascertain the print area with elongation of plate.

However, does anyone actually use photopolymer plates for coating and has been facing such mis-registration problems. If no, can you please provide me the distortion value to be given. We are providing them with 1.14mm nylo plates.

Thank you.
DRB

Hello,

I had visited a customer who runs a Heidelberg CD 74 whom we have been supplying Photopolymer based plates on their coating units. Of late, they have been facing issues related to registration, so to sort the issue out, we tried to print a scale (in mm) and ascertain the print area with elongation of plate.

However, does anyone actually use photopolymer plates for coating and has been facing such mis-registration problems. If no, can you please provide me the distortion value to be given. We are providing them with 1.14mm nylo plates.
Hello,

Thank you.
DRB
Facing the same issue, does anyone know the proper method of calculating distortion factor for offset presses?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back