Do I need Curve3 if I already have Prinergy Evo 5.2?

Benk

Good Day Everyone,

Do I need Curve3 if I already have Prinergy Evo 5.2?

I would like to know if there would be any benefit to having a separate program to measure and produce tonal calibration curves for digital and offset presses.

I am basically looking for a unified workflow? Ideally I would like to become G7 compliant, that is if anyone here has no objections.

I would like to hear from you

Ben

Hi Ben,

You have ColorFlow Workflow Edition with Prinergy Evo 5.2, and you can create and measure color characterization charts in ColorFlow and generate grey balance curves to hit GRACoL C1 (ie, G7) on each of your presses.

To use the curves, you can either go the full ColorFlow route and select appropriate color setups and devices in Evo process templates, or you can go the "low tech" route and export each curve set from Colorflow and import into Harmony to select the curves by name.

So no problem "doing G7" with Evo and ColorFlow -- but becoming G7 certified is a separate issue. You would need to get in touch with Idealliance or a certified G7 Master to follow up on this.

Thanks SZmetana

I will dig a little deeper into our Prinergy Evo. I have seen the ColorFlow name in the software but I need to seen how to use it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back